Upper GI Endoscopy Preparation
Preparing For Upper GI Endoscopy
You may eat and drink normally until midnight the day before your procedure. After midnight have nothing to eat or drink. If your procedure is after 10am you may have clear liquids up to four hours prior to your procedure.
If you are taking any of the following blood thinners discuss with your doctor stopping them
5 Days before your procedure.
- Aspirin, Coumadin, Ticlid, Warfarin, Persantine, Plavix, Aggrenox, Dipyridamole.
- Advil, Aleve, Nuprin, Ibuprofen
- Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Gingko, Iron
- You may take you regular medications as prescribed the morning of the procedure with a small amount of liquid. Especially your heart of blood pressure medications.
- Please inform us if you might be pregnant.