Preparing For Endoscopic Ultrasound
You may eat and drink normally until midnight the day before your procedure. After midnight have nothing to eat. You may have clear liquids up to six hours prior to your procedure. Absolutely NO SOLIDS after midnight.
If you are taking any of the following blood thinners discuss with your doctor stopping them 5 Days before your procedure.
- Aspirin, Coumadin, Ticlid, Warfarin, Persantine, Plavix, Aggrenox, Dipyridamole.
- Advil, Aleve, Nuprin, Ibuprofen
- Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Gingko, Iron
- You may take you regular medications as prescribed the morning of the procedure with a small amount of liquid. Especially your heart of blood pressure medications.
- Please inform us if you might be pregnant.