Clear Liquid Diet For All Procedures
Consume only a clear liquid diet the day before your procedure unless you are instructed by your physician to do otherwise.
A clear liquid is one you can see through, these include:
- Black coffee, tea, you may use sugar, sugar substitute, honey, lemon, but no milk or non-dairy creamers.
- Clear fruit juices, apple, apple combinations, cranberry, cranberry combinations, dark or white grape juice. NO citrus juice.
- Beef, chicken, vegetable broth or consommé, NO bouillon cubes.
- All sodas, non-carbonated beverages such as ice tea, crystal light lemonade, seltzer, and sport drinks such as Gatorade.
- Jell-O, Italian ices, Popsicles and hard candy such as lifesaver.
- PLEASE avoid all RED flavors of any of the items listed above other than cranberry juice. Cranberry juice is a natural red and does not tint the bowel a color that might raise alarm.
- Drink, drink, drink! The better hydrated you keep yourself the better you will feel.