Capsule Endoscopy Preparation
Preparing For Your Capsule Endoscopy
Do not smoke for 24 hours prior to your procedure.
Do not take Iron for (7) days prior to your procedure.
Do not take Carafate for 24 hours prior to your procedure
DAY BEFORE YOUR CAPSULE ENDOSCOPY:
- You may eat a regular breakfast and a regular lunch before 12 noon.
- From 12 noon until 10 pm, follow the recommended Clear Liquid Diet.
- After 10 pm nothing to eat or drink, except any prescribed medication with a small sip of water.
THE MORNING OF YOUR CAPSULE ENDOSCOPY:
- On the day of your procedure have nothing to eat or drink including your medications
after 6:30 am.
- DO NOT apply powder or lotion to your abdomen, as this will inhibit good contact of the sensors.
- Male patients should shave their abdomens starting 6 inches above navel and
continuing 6 inches below the navel if they are hairy.